Apr 1, 2010

Reflecting on what Christ has done

This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10

Tomorrow is Good Friday. I like to reflect on what Jesus did for me. I don't ever want to forget, so for me, on Good Friday I think about how much He suffered and sacrificed so that I can be saved and have freedom in Him.
Over the past year, even through the times when I've felt totally alone, Jesus has been preparing my heart to know how much He loves me. It's one thing to hear about how God loves us. It's another thing to truly believe it. For a long time, I don't think I truly, deeply, believed it. But, during this trial, walking this hard road, I have learned, felt, and experienced the overwhelming love of Christ Jesus. Sometimes it brings me to tears.
So, on this Good Friday, maybe we all should take the time and realize how deep His love is for us. It's unbelievable and overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment